5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Be Using Whey Protein !
"Unless you are dairy sensitive or intolerant then the below information will still be relevant to a collagen or plant based protein"
Before delving into the ins and outs of Whey Protein specifically, we must look at the basics, What is Whey Protein? Whey Protein is a source of protein that is derived from the water-soluble part of milk. Now lets not get it twisted the best source of protein is found in animal and plant sources of the whole food kind, but to be able to reach an adequate daily intake of approximately 1.2-2.2g/kg of body weight is where Whey Protein supplementation is key.
Whey Protein can also come in various forms so it is important to understand that there are differing types, such as Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Hydrolysate, Hydrolyzed Whey Protein.
Today however, we will be talking about the supplement Whey Protein in general terms and 5 reasons Why Everyone should be using Whey Protein:
1. Whey Protein is an excellent source of Protein that contains all the essential amino acids second only to whole food sources of animal and plant protein, to help increase overall daily protein intake.
2. Whey Protein helps to promote muscle growth, when paired with an adequate resistance training program, increased amounts of protein or whey protein in this case helps to increase muscle protein synthesis. and reduce muscle protein degradation.
3. Can help contribute to the bodies ability and efficiency of repairing damaged muscles and tissues. As a result speeding up muscle recovery from any form of physical activity.
4. Whey Protein can help aid fat loss, in a way that consuming whey protein in the form of shakes to replace a meal can increase satiety and therefore decrease your daily caloric intake, helping to increase your calorie deficit.
5. Whey Protein supplements have a fast absorption rate, this can vary between different types of Whey Protein but in general when compared to whole food sources whey protein is digested faster meaning it reaches the muscles a lot quicker especially post training to deliver the nutrients required to commence the muscle growth and recovery period.
DISCLAIMER: It is important to note that although we recommend Whey Protein for everyone, people with pre-existing damage to their livers or kidneys,or someone who is looking to start using whey protein for the first time should seek advice from their doctors before supplementing with Whey Protein, as whey protein by itself has not been seen to cause harm to healthy livers and kidneys it can however exacerbate pre-existing damage.