THREE OF MY HARDEST CROSSFIT CONDITIONING PIECES (FROM BEGINNERS TO ADVANCED)
- 30 Clean and Jerks for time
PR Time: 1.24 (Unbroken)
Movement Standards: Bar must travel for the ground to the receiving position at the top of the clean then continue to full lock out overhead.
Scaling Options: Weight can be scaled until you can complete the workout at a challenging weight under 8 minutes.
- Beginners – “Quick Singles”. This consists of dropping the bar after each rep and taking breaths between each rep.
- Intermediate – Go for one big set (at least 10) and continue quick singles until completed.
- Advanced – Try to go unbroken or do one big set (approx. 20) then continue quick singles until completed.
- Every minute for as long as possible perform:
10 Kettlebell Swings @32/24kg + 10 Box Jumps @24/20 in
PR Score: 22 Minutes
Movements Standards: Kettlebells must be locked out overhead with elbows behind ears. Legs must be locked out at the top of the box.
Scaling Options: Weight of kettlebell must be scaled until you can complete the 10 swings unbroken. For the box jumps, the height of the box can be reduced. If you cannot jump onto a box yet, step ups can be done with light dumbbells.
- For all fitness levels, complete the movements as quick as possible to optimise rest. Aim to get about 20-30 seconds rest.
Advanced Gymnastics Endurance
5 Rounds For Time:
20 Alternating Pistol Squats
15 Sumo Deadlift High Pulls @50/35
10 Muscle Ups
PR Time: Approx 16 mins
Movement Standards: Pistols must below parallel. Full lock out on rings at top of dip.
Scaling Options: Pistols can be scaled to jump squats, weight of SDHPs can be reduced and muscle ups can be scaled to pull ups or furthermore, ring rows.
- Beginner – Scale as needed and try to do big sets on all movements.
- Intermediate – The skill level should be able to do SDHP weight and pull ups. Quick singles will be a smart option for the SDHPs and do pull ups in one or two sets.
- Advanced – Try to stay consistent and unbroken on the pistols, quick singles with the SDHPs and do muscle ups in one or two sets.
Author Zeke Woof